Terms of Service
As a registered user of OpenEdX at the TEEP, you are authorized, with certain conditions and limitations, to use the materials on this website to share the ideas and concepts presented here with colleagues in your organization. The materials on the site are copyrighted and owned by their respective creators, and all users of the site and these materials must abide by all applicable copyright laws and regulations.
These materials are made available on the OpenEdX at the TEEx website for non-profit educational purposes only. You agree not to use these materials for commercial purposes of any kind. In particular, you may not ask for or collect any fee or other charge for these materials (other than for reimbursement of reasonable copying expenses), whether you are using the materials by themselves or as part of any compilation of materials of any kind. When sharing ideas and concepts presented on the OpenEdX at the TEEx website, we ask that you provide customary and correct attribution of these materials to the faculty, individuals, and/or organizations that created them.
The e-lectures, recorded live faculty webinars, discussion boards, and readings from the programs contained on the OpenEdX at the TEEx website are intended for direct viewing only by admitted participants in the particular OpenEdX at TEEx program to further their understanding and implementing of program concepts. While we encourage you to share the ideas and tools described in these materials with colleagues, do not provide links to the e-lectures, discussion boards, or recorded webinars, and do not copy or post them outside the OpenEdX at the TEEx platform.
You may not share your login information or direct electronic access to the OpenEdX at the TEEx website with anyone. All authorized users are issued their own unique user ID and password.
Rules for online conduct
As a condition of your use of the OpenEdX at TEEx services, you will not use the Site in any manner intended to damage, disable, overburden or impair any OpenEdX at TEEx server or the network(s) connected to any OpenEdX at TEEx server or to interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any OpenEdX at TEEx server through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information stored on the Site, its servers or associated computers through any means not intentionally made available through the Site.
The following list of items is strictly prohibited on the site:
- Content that defames, harasses or threatens others;
- Content that discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- Content that infringes another's intellectual property, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademarks;
- Profane, pornographic, obscene, indecent or unlawful content;
- Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation;
- Content related to partisan political activities;
- Viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, corrupted files, malware, spyware or any other similar software that may damage the operation of another's computer or property; and
- Content that contains intentionally inaccurate information or that is posted with the intent of misleading others.
Furthermore, you agree not to scrape, or otherwise download in bulk, any Site content, including but not limited to a list or directory of users on the system, on-line textbooks, User Postings or user information. You agree not to misrepresent or attempt to misrepresent your identity while using the Site (although you may use an anonymous username in the forums and to act in a manner that keeps your identity concealed).
By enrolling in a course on TEEx, you are joining a community of leaders and learners. Through TEEx, EPoD and our partner organizations aim to equip policy decision-makers with practical skills and frameworks for effectively using data and evidence in your work. You are an integral part of the community that will help TEEx achieve this goal. As such, TEEx depends upon your motivation to learn the material, and to do so with honesty and academic integrity. By participating in TEEx, you agree to the Honor Code below.
TEEx Honor Code Pledge
By enrolling in an TEEx course, I agree that I will:
- Complete all tests and assignments on my own, unless collaboration on an assignment is explicitly permitted.
- Maintain only one user account and not let anyone else use my username and/or password.
- Not engage in any activity that would dishonestly improve my results, or improve or hurt the results of others.
- Not post answers to problems that are being used to assess student performance.
If you are found in violation of the Terms of Service or Honor Code, you may be subject to one or more of the following actions:.
- Being unenrolled from a course; or
- Termination of your use of the Site.
- Additional actions may be taken at the discretion of TEEx course providers.
Honor code violations will be determined at the discretion of TEEx course providers. You will be notified if a determination has been made that you have violated this honor code and you will be informed of the corresponding action to be taken as a result of the violation.